Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

BUONGIORNO!

I will finish up with my side trip to Granada in a few minutes but I wanted to offer you, my dear Reader, a Roman good morning.

We got up not too early, showered, checked the email (of course!), opened shade and shutters, and looked for the tartarughes. Ah, there is one of them, face to face with the first step!
(And here's a pic from earlier of both together.
Ginevra's hoping for babies...)








Leaving home we dropped off the recycling and went for caffe' at the 'Brazile" place. There we also had cornetti and spremuta di arancia rossa (fresh squeezed blood orange juice) - a lovely breakfast and big by Roman standards.

Bill headed off to La Sapienza and I wandered on down Via Serpenti to do my shopping.


I stopped at the Barbie place,
so called by us because it features a window display of many Barbies with a very realistic looking handgun in their midst. It is actually called the Italian version of 'A Little Bit of Everything.' I braved the usual chaos there for cheap napkins and Dixan laundry soap.

A few meters further down the street I bought tulips from the flower stand, then crossed the piazza where I caught this shot of a pigeon drinking from the little spout of the fountain.

Then it was on to pick up Bill's shirts from the nice guy at the lavasecco. Tomorrow is yet another holiday, he says, and he's looking forward to a picnic at Villa Pamphilj.


Home again, the sun is shining and everything feels clean after yesterday's rain.

Now to work! Buona giornata!

No comments: